Time And Event Sync All PCs
From MXWendler Wiki
This applies to MXWendler version 4.2 and above
- Pooling MXWendler systems via time synchronisation
Tests to do before starting MXWendler:
- Can you ping all the computers from one host?
- Can you ping back?
- Does your router/switch allow broadcasting?
- Are the firewalls turned off?
- Does the admin account have a password ( Windows 7)
- Turn on osc receiving for every machine on port 7000
- Create a simple osc testing application with eg. pd and send some commands to *any machine* from *any machine*
- Turn on Broadcast and receive time for every machine. all machines will send there time until they receive packet from a machine with lower ip, then they switch to receiving.
- Broadcast to the subnet: 192.168.1.255 ( subnet may have different IP )
- Broadcast to the ports where the machines are listening ( 7000 )
- Important: sometimes Windows 7 does not allow broadcasting, then adress the other machine with its ip directly ( eg. 192.168.1.23 instead of 192.168.1.255 )