Tutorial Coupling Video with Effects and Audio Signals
In this tutorial, a video is overlaid with an effect. An effect parameter is then associated with a live audio signal via the spectrum analyzer. In this case, a live audio signal will control the opacity of the corresponding layer (level).
- - A - Please go to the Live Editor.
- - B - Left-click on 'New Clip' to open a media file.
- - C - Open the Clip Menu by dragging the bottom corner to the right (see arrow).
- - D - Select the Dotgrid effect from the menu.
- Effects → Dotgrid
- The number of 'dots' can be set from 000 to 100 in 'Scale'.
- - E - Open the Spectrum Analyzer by dragging it down.
- - F - Link 'Scale' with a channel of the Spectrum Analyzer:
- Shift + left-click → Spectrum Analyzer (one channel) → drag&drop → Scale
- The two controllers are highlighted red, indicating that the two are associated with each other.
- - G - Drag&drop the video from the Live Editor into the Layermanager.
The video is now in the Layermanager and is running on Track 1, in the Output Preview and in the Output Window.
Settings can be specified for any layer in the Layermanager.
- - H - Opacity is now associated with the audio signal.
- Shift + left-click → Scale → drag&drop → Opacity
- - I - Double-click on the respective controller to open the 'Expression Route'.
- - J - Double-click on the 'Expression Route' for the 'Expression Editor'.
- - K - To save the scene, a patch is created via the button 'Make Patch'. You can find the created patch in the Set Tab.