Windows 7 + ATI + Stuttering Output
From MXWendler Wiki
This applies to Windows 7 and MXWendler version 5.0+ and with ATI/AMD graphics
- You have an output window that fits exactly the output device and video output is stuttering:
- Create output window without window decoration and exact position and size of secondary output
- Open MXW, play video. The video out stutters when playing video.
- Create a display group using the Catalyst Control Center
- Display group must contain primary and secondary monitor
- Make output window eg. 1 pixel larger than needed, eg. 1921x1080 for Full HD
- ATI/AMD interprets accelerated fullscreen windows as games and changes the display swap timing to achieve minimal latency times which are important for games. This cannot be turned off separately.
- NVidia systems may be affected, too.