Mac and DMX
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This applies to Mac OS 10.7 and MXWendler version 4.2 and above
- Trouble installing D2XX driver for Mac.
- - Download PRO-Manager from the ENTTEC website http://www.enttec.com/?main_menu=Products&pn=79003
- - Install PRO-Manager on your Machine
- - Verify if DMX USB PRO is listed under Mac OSX System Information
- - If it is not installed, download and install FTDI Driver Control from DMXIS website http://www.dmxis.com/release/FtdiDriverControl.zip
- - Run the FTDI Driver Control utility as an Administrator and disable the Apple/VCP Driver
- - Restart your Mac
- - Verify again, DMX USB PRO is listed under Mac OSX System Information
- It seems like after updating Mac OS, D2XX drivers will be replaced by OS drivers.
- In this case, you need to repeat the Step-by-Step instructions once again, otherwise your Enttec device will not be recognized.
This applies to Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10
- DMX USB PRO not found ?
- If PRO-Manager cannot find your DMX USB PRO, your Mac might have a conflicting driver installed.
- Download & install this utility, and disable the Apple/VCP Driver: http://www.dmxis.com/release/FtdiDriverControl.zip
- - Simply run the utility, click the button and type in your password.
- - You must be logged into OS X as an admin user (verify this from System Preferences > Users & Groups)
- - You must have a non-blank password configured (see http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13861 )
- - Once you have disabled Apple/VCP driver , please replug DMX USB PRO into USB port or restart your Mac, and DMX USB PRO will be found as expected
- - Once you have the DMX USB PRO identified as shown in the pictures, you can use PRO-Manager to test your DMX USB PRO
for further information please visit: