Tutorial Connecting Winamp Generative Visuals with MXWendler via Spout
This tutorial applies to MXWendler version 6 and above.
In this tutorial we will use the generative visuals created by Milkdrop plugin in Winamp as Live Media source in MXWendler.
Winamp is a free media player by Nullsoft and Milkdrop is a hardware-accelerated music visualization plugin for Winamp, developed by Ryan Geiss. MilkDrop uses a complex system of interpolation to transition between presets gradually through time, creating a constantly changing visual experience. Users can develop and integrate their own presets or edit the existing presets through the Milkdrop's interface.
1. Download and install the latest version of Winamp and make sure that the Milkdrop plugin is also included in the installation steps.
2. Download and install the latest version of Spout software from their website.
3. Start Winamp and activate the Milkdrop visuals using Ctrl+Shift+K
- by default the video will be streamed as Spout stream. If not, you could change the settings in the Milkdrop settings page.
4. Control and monitor the Spout output via SpoutReceiver module in the Spout software installation folder.
Tip: in case you don't receive a Spout signal from Winamp in the SpoutReceiver, look for the included Milkdrop dll file (vis_milk2.dll) in the Spout installation folder and copy it into Winamp's plugin folder in the installation folder. The folder should be found at this default path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins.