Jump to navigation Jump to search
In this tutorial an optical feedback is created. Feedback is used for example as an effect for club visuals, and is associated with an audio signal.
- - A - Open the desired clip in Live Editor.
- - B - Pull the video via drag&drop from the Live Editor into the Layermanager.
- - C - Open the same clip again in the Live Editor.
- - D - Open the Clip Menu by dragging the bottom corner to the right (see arrow).
- - E - Select 'MXWendler_01' under Live Media to activate the feedback.
- - F - Load the video in the Layermanager with '+'. The Feedback can be seen in the Output Window.
- - G - Switch the layer mode from 'Picture in Picture' to 'Add'.
- - H - Associate a channel of the Spectrum Analyzer with 'Opacity'.
- Shift + left-click → Spectrum Analyzer (one channel) → drag&drop → Opacity
- The left controller of the Spectrum Analyzer controls the decay, and is thus not animated.
- - I - Double-click on 'Opacity' to open the 'Expression Route'.
- - J - Double-click on the 'Expression Route' to open the 'Expression Editor'.
- - K - Move 'Base' to the right and 'Range' to the left for ideal use of feedback with the audio signal.
- - L - Select 'Make Patch' to save the settings in a Patch.