Tutorial Sending and Receiving Media Through Spout
This tutorial applies to MXWendler version 6 and above.
Spout is a video frame sharing system for Microsoft Windows, which allows sharing of OpenGL textures between applications in a similar way to Syphon for the Mac.
There are multiple numbers of Softwares and Applications which can send and receive video through Spout. Through this interconnectivity of Windows-based video and music application, Spout opens up a wide range of creative use to be applied to MXWendler.
In this tutorial, we will send and receive video through Spout, in and out of MXWendler.
1. Download the latest version of Spout from their website:
2. Unzip the folder and run the installer.
Sending Spout in MXWendler
1. Open MXWendler and go to Streaming settings and activate Start Virtual Capture and Feedback. (A)
- Settings → Media - Clips, Live, Virtual → Streaming
2. From the drop-down list, select and add which source of video should be streamed out. You can also type the source you wish to stream out: (B)
- e.g for the video on the fourth Layer of the Track 2, write /mxw/track/2/layer/4
3. Make sure in front of the selected and added widgets the Spout box is selected. (C)