Tutorial Setting up Stage Designer Output Windows
This tutorial applies to all different OS and Stage Designer versions.
This tutorial explains how the output windows are set up in Stage Designer.
First, the arrangement of the displays (number and positioning, definition of the UI monitor) has to be set up in the system preferences (PC/Mac) under display settings. Here you find also the resolution of the connected displays/projectors.
1. Open Stage Designer's Window Output setup in Settings: (A)
- Menu: Settings → Windows-Misc → Window Output
2. Select the Monitor you want to use as your output. (B)
3. Click 'do!' and Ok. (C)
4. Restart Stage Designer to take over the settings.
The output windows can be also set up manually.
1. Go to Window Output setup in Settings.
2. Enter the output resolution you want as Size. (D)
3. Select the position of the output window you'd prefer. (E)
- e.g. if your first monitor has a resolution of 2560x1080, and you want a full screen output on your second monitor you should give the position 2560 and 0. That means a horizontal position of 2560 and a vertical position of 0 will be used as your output.
4. Click 'do!' and Ok.
5. Restart the Stage Designer to have the new Window Output available.
1. Deselect Open Output Window if you don't want the Window Output to be open by default. (F)
2. Select Remove Window Decoration to remove the windows box around the output. De/activating this option requires a software restart.
3. If you need a different Rendering Size within your Output (in case your video has a different resolution than your output) you can downscale or upscale your rendering size within your window output size to either save some computer resources, or quality performance.