Tutorial Using the Akai APC Mini (Note On/Off)
Revision as of 16:59, 10 December 2014 by Martin Leber (Created page with ":1. Install MIDIYoke (MidiYokeSetup.msi needs to be installed in Windows XP compatibility mode!). :2. Install MIDI-OX. :3. Connect AKAI APC Mini to your computer. :4. Open...")
- 1. Install MIDIYoke (MidiYokeSetup.msi needs to be installed in Windows XP compatibility mode!).
- 2. Install MIDI-OX.
- 3. Connect AKAI APC Mini to your computer.
- 4. Open MIDI-OX.
- 5. Select 'MIDIYoke 1' as Output and 'APC Mini' as Input:
- Options → MIDI Devices → Output = 'MIDIYoke 1' → Input = 'APC Mini'
- 6. Select 'apcmini_mxw_datamap_full.oxm' as datamap:
- Options → Data Mapping → new window → Load: apcmini_mxw_datamap_full.oxm
The window should now be filled with data. This file needs to be loaded only once. The next time you run MIDI-OX it will be loaded automatically.
Important: • Enable TURN MAP ON and confirm it with OK. • MIDI-OX must be active in the background while working with the AKAI APC Mini! MIDI-OX converts the Note-On Data of the AKAI APC Mini into Control Change, which MXWendler can process.
- 7. Open MXWendler.
- 8. Select 'MIDI' in the IO Settings:
- Settings → IO Devices → DMX/MIDI/Keyboard Events → MIDI
- 9. Load the file Wendler_standard_APCmini.midimappings.
- 10. Click on 'Apply', confirm it with 'OK' and 'Yes'.
- 11. Select 'In From MIDI Yoke 1' under MIDI/Generators:
- Settings → IO Devices → MIDI/Generators → In From MIDI Yoke 1
- 12. Confirm it with 'OK'.
- 13. Set the Preload to 8 rows and 8 columns. (Thereby the Preload Tab corresponds to the optic of the AKAI APC Mini.)
- 14. Restart MXWendler.
- • Each of the 64 AKAI APC Mini buttons will now trigger a Preload Clip once in MXWendler.
- • The round buttons are already programmed in MIDI-OX and can be seized by choice.
- • Controllers 1,2,3 = Track 1,2,3
- • Controllers 4,5,6 = Layer 1,2,3 (on the active track)
- • Controllers 7,8 = free, can be seized by choice (e.g. effect values)
- • Controller 9 = Master Opacity