Windows 7 + Configuration (config.xml)
This applies to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and MXWendler version 4.2 and above
You want to store/save/restore/edit your configuration. You are used to editing the config file in (MXWendler program location)/config/config.xml, but there is either no file or whatever you change makes no difference to MXWendler.
1. Simple, but not recommended: run MXWendler as Administrator.
2. Simple, but not recommended: Change the User Account Control (UAC) Level.
3. Recommended: Use MXWendler as a standard user. config.xml is not in the program files directory anymore, look for it in:
- C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\MXW
MXWendler Versions > 5.0
With MXWendler versions 5.2 and above, you can open the current config folder with:
- Settings → Open config.xml directory (CTRL+SHIFT+C)
Since Vista, Windows uses a so-called "VirtualStore". For security reasons, a program cannot change any file in the program files directory. So the user is redirected to one of the directories stated above.