Mac and DMX
From MXWendler Wiki
This applies to Mac OS 10.7 and MXWendler version 4.2 and above
- Trouble installing D2XX driver for Mac.
- Download PRO-Manager from the ENTTEC website 
- Install PRO-Manager on your Machine
- Verify if DMX USB PRO is listed under Mac OSX System Information
- If it is not installed, download and install FTDI Driver Control from DMXIS website 
- Run the FTDI Driver Control utility as an Administrator and disable the Apple/VCP Driver
- Restart your Mac
- Verify again, DMX USB PRO is listed under Mac OSX System Information
- It seems like after updating Mac OS, D2XX drivers will be replaced by OS drivers.
- In this case, you need to repeat the Step-by-Step instructions once again, otherwise your Enttec device will not be recognized.
This applies to Mac OS 10.9 and 10.10
- DMX USB PRO not found ?
- If PRO-Manager cannot find your DMX USB PRO, your Mac might have a conflicting driver installed.
- Download & install this utility, and disable the Apple/VCP Driver: http://www.dmxis.com/release/FtdiDriverControl.zip
- Simply run the utility, click the button and type in your password.
- You must be logged into OS X as an admin user (verify this from System Preferences > Users & Groups)
- You must have a non-blank password configured (see http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13861 )
- Once you have disabled Apple/VCP driver , please replug DMX USB PRO into USB port or restart your Mac, and DMX USB PRO will be found as expected
- Once you have the DMX USB PRO identified as shown in the pictures, you can use PRO-Manager to test your DMX USB PRO
for further information please visit: