Time and Event Sync all PCs
This applies to all different OS and MXWendler version 4.2 and above
Pooling MXWendler systems via time synchronization.
Tests to do before starting MXWendler
- Can you ping all the computers from one host?
- Can you ping back?
- Does your router/switch allow broadcasting?
- Are the firewalls turned off?
- Does the admin account have a password ( Windows 7)?
1. Turn on OSC receiving for every machine on port 7000.
2. Create a simple OSC testing application with eg. PD and send some commands to *any machine* from *any machine*.
3. Turn on 'Broadcast and receive time' for every machine. all machines will send their time until they receive a packet from a machine with the lower IP, then they switch to receiving.
4. Broadcast to the subnet: 192.168.1.255 ( subnet may have a different IP ).
5. Broadcast to the ports where the machines are listening ( 7000 ).
Important: sometimes Windows 7 does not allow broadcasting, then address the other machine with its IP directly ( eg. 192.168.1.23 instead of 192.168.1.255 ).
For more information on time and event syncing PCs check 'Tutorial Time-sync and sending IO Commands over OSC Protocol'.