Windows 7 + NDI Tools
This applies to Windows 7 64Bit and MXWendler version 5.0 and above
The Virtual Input from NDI Tools might not work on some Windows 7 versions due to some problems with windows updates.
When you try to open the Virtual Input in Win 7, you might receive a message that you need to install the Windows Update package KB 3033929 (Or any other Windows security package). When you try to download and install the update package from the Microsoft website manually, the next time you open the Virtual Input, again you'll see the same message and when you try to install it again, windows will tell you that the update is already installed.
1. Download the Windows Update KB 3033929 from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148
2. Copy the MSU file into a c:\kb3033929 folder.
3. Create a c:\temp\3033929 folder.
4. Click on Windows and type CMD.
5. Use the following command to extract the contents of the MSU file.
- Expand –F:* c:\kb3033929\Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu c:\temp\3033929
6. Now use the following command to force installation of the MSU Security package:
- DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:c:\temp\3033929\Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab
7. Restart your system.
8. Now if you try to open Virtual Input, you'll no longer receive the message about the missing Security Update.
If you're receiving messages with different package names and numbers, try to find and download the specified package, do the same steps but exchange the name of the package in your commands accordingly.